Internship: Data Scientist
Southampton | Flexible
This internship opportunity is facilitated by the University of Southampton (UOS) via their Careers and Employability Service. The aim is to develop opportunities suitable for UoS students, reviewing the Job Description & Person Specification and their Health & Safety documentation.
UoS Internships are open to students of any degree discipline, at any stage of study, and for up to 12 months following graduation. For more information, please visit the UoS Internships webpage. When applying for roles, we recommend looking through the UoS application resources and using the Ask the Adviser appointments for feedback on applications. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Current student at the University of Southampton, or
- Recently graduated from the University of Southampton
- Experienced in Python or other programming languages
- Experienced in data analysis, visualisation, software development, or marketing
- Background in data science, engineering, computer science, or geography
- Start date: 05 July 2021
- Interview dates: 28 June 2021
- Application closing date: 20 June 2021
- Number of positions: 3
About the job
Absolar is a fast-growing startup aiming to address the rising challenges on climate crisis. To do this, our software engineers develop innovative software solutions that help thousands of companies and organisations become energy efficient and carbon neutral. Our products need to handle information across different sectors, and provide optimised user experience and functionality to a wide range of industries.
We’re looking for engineers who can bring fresh ideas from relevant areas, including data analysis, data visualisation, UX design etc.; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Absolar’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Design UI & UX of web-apps.
- Design and develop data visualisation platform to work in map-based web-apps and to improve performance.
- Integrate web-app into external platforms.
- Collaborate with the team and Product Manager to determine scope and functionality of new features.
- Help troubleshoot problems, maintenance and updates.
Absolar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.